We're ALL the center square

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

close encounters of the vermin kind

awww, that is sad kiki. But you seem to have something going, and I'm sure it will work out eventually, even if it's just friends. :)

So today at work, we had an intense amount of celebrity visits.

First was Willis from Different Strokes. "What you talkin' bout Willis?" Oh yeah.

Then, The Calling. The whole band. We were singing that song they had a few years ago ALL afternoon.

THEN, the guitarist from Aerosmith who is not Joe Perry.

And finally, the mother of them all..........ALICE COOPER!!!

Holy crap!! Ruby Foo's was on fiyah today!

So then I'm at home, and it's trash day tomorrow, right? So I'm taking the trash to the curb, cause our rent gets lowered because we do that. So I take the trash out of the can, and I'm tying it shut. The bag is moving a little, but I'm like, "It's just the trash settling, it's not a rat, it's not a rat." And I pick up the bag, start walking towards the curb, and a fucking RAT falls off/out of the bag, hits my leg, and scampers across the sidewalk. I fling the trashbag to the curb, and SCREAM. And SCREAM and SCREAM some more. I think the whole neighborhood knew I had a close encounter with a rat. I ran inside, and was jumping up and down and screaming like a madwoman. I *heart* NY! :)

4 Comments:

  • vf, i CANNOT believe you had WILLIS in your presence!!!!! that is SO much better than the rest of them... my friend christie (who is getting married this weekend) named her cat willis. middle name gary. her last name is coleman... yes, my friends are that cool...

    but, she chose his name just so she could say "whachyou talkinbout willis?" everytime he meowed at her...

    i guess i know where to take my celebrity stalking friends (you know, the ones who say "so are we going to see anyone famous??? everytime they are in town... funny thing is, we often do, but i NEVER recognize the person...) from now on!

    eh, the rats wont bother you after a while... i almost like them now - riverside park was INFESTED last summer... as in, more rats than squirrels...

    granted, i have never had one on my LEG, but you know - details...

    By Blogger kiki, at September 21, 2004 at 10:31 AM  

  • yeah, I'm generally OK with rats in my presence, it's just the touching me that kills me....

    Last night at work we had Wayne Brady....he's in Chicago right down the street. Crazy! I recognized him, but couldn't place him until our manager recognized him...I'm bad at celeb spotting too!

    By Blogger vf, at September 22, 2004 at 12:50 PM  

  • You girls need to sharpen your celeb spotting skillz! I can pick them out of a crowd. It's uncanny and/or frightening that I can recognize Syrus from The Real World or Tony Little while walking down the street. Then again, I guess they don't really qualify as a "celebrity" but still.

    By Blogger chris, at September 23, 2004 at 2:40 PM  

  • tony danza was at the san gennaro festival in little italy... i saw him, but only cause the crowd was screaming "who's the boss, tony?" like a bunch of assholes... :)

    By Blogger kiki, at September 23, 2004 at 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home